Performing the right maintenance at the right time and, if necessary, replacing components, is essential for making optimal use of your operating resources. This course is designed to demonstrate that with the proper knowledge and with the proper use of tools, it is possible to manage the aquisition of insight into the residual life of MV and (E)HV power cables.
This in-depth practical training course is part of a series of courses on power cables, consisting of a general course, Power cables in general and multiple day courses, providing more detailed information on the following topics:
- Ampacity and engineering aspects of power cables
- Ageing, quality assurance, testing, diagnostics and failures of power cables
On request, Energy Academy can also provide an in-company training course in English or Dutch (content, location and duration of the course can be adapted to the client’s wishes). Please contact us for more information.
- Asset management:
- ageing of cables and accessories
- diagnostic measurements
- maintenance types and their application
- Determining the remaining lifespan of MV & (E)HV power cable system:
- DNV method for MV cable systems
- CIGRE method for (E)HV cable systems
- DNV method for (E)HV cable systems
- Asset management
- Cable types and accessories
- Types of faults
- Ageing processes
- Diagnostic methods
- Remaining life of MV cables
- Remaining life of (E)HV cables
- Discussion of practical case studies
In some cases, a visit to the KEMA labs may be part of the training program (not applicable for online training).
Anyone involved (or to be involved) with power cables in the course of their daily work. It is recommended that the participants hold at least a Bachelor of Engineering degree or have a certain foreknowledge of power cables. The Power cables in general course is a recommended preparation, but not a requirement.
Next to underground power cable courses, DNV also offers several courses in the field of HVDC and submarine power cables: