The course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to perform ad lead first, second and third-party audits of management systems against the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015. It includes guidance given in the ISO19011 for first- and second-party audits as well as the requirements of the ISO17021 for third-party audits. This course has been registered and certificated by the CQI and IRCA Governing Body and satisfies the formal training requirements for individuals seeking registration under CQI and IRCA or other Auditor Certification Schemes.
E-Learning modules covers:
- What is a management system?
- What is an audit and why are they performed?
- Risk-based thinking and the process approach.
- ISO 9001:2015 from an auditor’s point of view.
Classroom learning covers:
- Feedback on the e-Learning module and the results of the test.
- Planning an audit with a group and individual exercises.
- Executing an audit, with preparation and role-play.
- Reporting the results of an audit and presenting this to management in a close-out meeting role-play.
Upon successful completion of this training course, attendees will fully understand:
- The purpose of management systems including the High-Level Structure (HLS).
- The principles of quality assurance.
- The process approach.
- Risk-based thinking process.
- ISO 9001:2015 purpose and requirements from an auditing perspective.
- The purpose of an audit.
- How to plan an audit.
- Auditing procedures and communication.
- Drafting on non-conformance reports.
- Verifying corrective actions.
- Value added audit reporting and follow-up.
- The role of accreditation bodies.
For successful completion of this course, it is expected that you have prior knowledge of the following management principles and concepts:
- The PDCA cycle.
- The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction.
- HLS requirements.
- Knowledge of the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015. These prior knowledge requirements can be gained by attending our foundation course in ISO 9001/Quality Management Systems.
This course is recommended for anyone who is planning to perform internal audits/preparing to become an external auditor of quality management systems. Training is carried out in classroom and online. For the online exams a LAN connection and webcam are required.
All our public courses can also be delivered in-house at your premises either as standard or tailored depending on the needs and requirements of your business.
To find out which training courses we offer in your country, click on "Find a local course", select your country and navigate to Quality & performance; or Contact us if you are interested or want to know more on in-house courses.